I took a bit of a different direction this week with the Top 10 Performances. As some teams played three games this weekend, this week’s Top 10 is focusing on the best single-game performances from the week that was.
1) Vicente VillalobosLaval Rouge et Or: 36 Kills, 10 Digs, 2 Assisted Blocks
The Rouge et Or saw not one, but two great performances from their junior outside hitter this week. Villalobos turned in a 36-kill performance in their 3-2 win over the Dalhousie Tigers this weekend, earning him this week’s top spot. He also added 25 kills in their 3-0 win over the Memorial Seahawks, so you might just see him again, a little further down the list.
2) Adam Spragg | Dalhousie Tigers: 60 Assists, 10 Digs, 1 Ace
Despite their five-set loss to the Rouge et Or, where they took a nationally ranked team the distance, Dalhousie setter Adam Spragg was a bright spot in the game. Setting up 60 kills gives him our second spot this week.
3) Matt Hooker | Western Mustangs: 59 Assists, 5 Digs, 1 Solo Block
Matt Hooker, the Mustangs’ third-year setter rounds out the top three with his 59 assist game in their five-set loss to the Guelph Gryphons. The now 8-5 Mustangs fall a few more points behind the Gryphons, as they look to make one last playoff push in the OUA.
Rounding out the remainder of the Top 10 are:
- Godefroy Veyron-Trudel | Montreal Carabins: 27 Kills, 14 Digs, 1 Ace
- Samuel Brisbane | Mount Royal Cougars: 54 Assists, 1 Ace, 13 Digs
- Gabriel Chancy | Montreal Carabins: 51 Assists, 14 Digs, 2 Kills, 1 Ace
- Vicente VillalobosLaval Rouge et Or: 25 Kills, 2 Digs, 1 Ace
- Ethan EllisonLaval Rouge et Or: 45 Assists, 8 Digs, 2 Assisted Blocks
- Ryan Nickifor | Alberta Golden Bears: 24 Kills, 3 Aces, 2 Solo Blocks
- Zeid Hamadeh | Western Mustangs: 23 Kills, 12 Digs, 2 Assisted Blocks